Most applications will be considered in the year prior to entry.
The following guidelines should be noted:
- Applications are usually considered in the order they are received.
- Students will normally be interviewed before any place is offered although this requirement may be waived at the discretion of the Director.
Interviews provide us with an opportunity to learn more about students and to assess their:
- Communication to and support of the special character of Zayed College fro Girls
- Ability to tackle a range of assessment tasks
- Work motivation
- Sense of personal responsibility
Procedures once an application for enrolment has been received
On receipt of a complete enrolment application, the parents will be informed of an interview time.
This interview will involve:
- The prospective student
- The parents.
- The Director or nominated deputy.
The interview will consist of:
- A tour of the school
- Explanation of the Condition of Acceptance
- Classroom and daily program explanation
- Initial assessment of the level of English of the student
- Answering any questions the family may have.
Parents will be informed in writing of school's decision within 7 days of the interview. If there are no current available places, the parents will be notified and will be given the option of being on the waiting list. When a place becomes available, they will be notified and given 14 days to accept or decline the placement. Placement in a particular year or class is at the discretion of the Director.
Conditions of Acceptance
In addition to the conditions listed below, all conditions that are part of the contract with the parents, the fees refund policy and other school policies also apply.
- Students have an interest in and dedication to Islam and a willingness to support the Special Character of Zayed College for Girls.
- Although an elementary level of English is desirable no student will be refused acceptance due to her level of English. However, for students entering Years 11 to 13, a score of IELTS 5 or equivalent is required.
- Students and parents must accept and abide by rules regarding behavior and conduct that apply to all students. Unacceptable behavior may be result in the termination of tuition.
- Because class placements are decided on the evidence of assessment provided with applications, all information given before enrolment about placement on courses and in classes in provisional. The College reserves the right to adjust placements and individual programs at any time if it is student's interest to do so.
- The students will attend the college on all occasions when it is open unless prevented by illness or other urgent cause.
- Tuition fees will be paid in full before enrolment, or a firm arrangement made, or before enrolment in renewed (whichever applies).
- All additional costs will be paid promptly, as required.